See the Lineup! Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2016
Clearly FREE jazz concerts on one of the top beaches in Playa del Carmen are a big hit! The Riviera Maya Jazz Festival will take place once again in 2016, now in its 14th year.
We hope you’ll be in town on December 1, 2 and 3, 2016, because this edition of the festival is looking pretty good. Once again the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival will be hosted at Mamita’s Beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen, offering three nights of live music and big crowds by the Caribbean Sea.
Drawing in thousands of tourists and locals, this annual music festival is one of the biggest events of the year here in the Riviera Maya. Each year it features internationally renowned jazz artists from across the globe, as well as musicians originating right here in Playa del Carmen. The itinerary for the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2016 is as follows:
- Mexican guitarist and jazz-rock musician Paco Rosas
- Venezuelan percussionist Armando Montiel
- Steve Gadd Band (jazz, blues and rock) featuring drummer Steve Gadd, keyboardist Kevin Hays, bassist Jimmy Johnson, guitarist Michael Landau, and trumpeter Walt Fowler
- Mexican group Fiusha Funk Band
- Mexican-American jazz drummer Antonio Sanchez (5-time Grammy Award winner) and Migration band
- Blood, Sweat & Tears jazz rock fusion band directed by Bobby Colomy and featuring famed keyboardist Jeff Lorber
- Playa del Carmen progressive jazz band Aguamala Trio
- Funk rock saxophonist Bill Evans
- Swedish jazz pop band Dirty Loops
As always, this event is free and no tickets are required! Just check out the schedule and head to Mamita’s Beach on the night you prefer (or all 3 nights!), bring some money for beers, bring some chairs or a beach blanket to sit comfortably, and get ready to enjoy an amazing show. If being near the stage is important to you, we recommend showing up pretty early. The concerts usually start around 7pm!
To stay up-to-date with the latest on the Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2016, click here to follow the festival on Facebook.
See you on the beach!