Summer 2016 Movie Nights in Playa del Carmen
The city of Playa del Carmen is home to beautiful white sand beaches, lovely parks and a variety of charming outdoor spaces, ideal for community gatherings. A few years ago, El Cine Club (The Cinema Club) began thinking outside the box and figured out a new way to take full advantage of Playa’s gorgeous outdoor locations: movie nights!
El Cine Club began with weekly film screenings at Parque La Ceiba, and over the past year or so has expanded into several additional venues to provide movie nights under the stars for the people of Playa del Carmen. They offer documentaries, indie films, box office hits, family movies and more. Best of all: most of these screenings are FREE.
With several locations on the beach, in the park, and beyond, movie nights with El Cine Club are better than ever, and more frequent, leading up into summer 2016.
For the foreseeable future, El Cine Club will have outdoor movie nights in Playa del Carmen on the following schedule:
- Every Friday at Parque La Ceiba ($25 peso recovery charge)
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at Blue Parrot Beach Club (free entry)
- Last Saturday of the month family movie at Blue Parrot Beach Club (free entry)
- 2nd Thursday of the month at El Pueblito at Mayakoba (free entry)
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Thompson Beach House (free entry)
- Once or twice a month Bar Movie Sunday at La Culpa Gastro Cantina ($25 peso recovery charge)
El Cine Club posts upcoming movie night options week-to-week, so follow El Cine Club on Facebook to see what’s coming up on the itinerary! You just might find that an Oscar-winning film or your kids’ favorite feature length cartoon is being shown on the beach or in a charming Mexican square.